blogspot visit counter

View My Stats

Thank for visiting my travel blog for Germany!

Thanks for visiting my travel blog for Germany! Please share this link with friends near and far...

I have enjoyed sharing the amazing Goethe-Institut Transatlantic Outreach Program adventure with you. I hope you also have enjoyed the photos! I have added videos and more photos for your enjoyment!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gotha and Eisenach's Wartburg Castle

More Gotha and the Wartburg Castle photos can be found at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2058203&id=1009425114&l=4b6d6801e2
We had another great day visiting the Klett-Perthes maps and atlases publishing house in Gotha. I had met our host at NCSS many times, so it was cool to see someone I know here!



We walked through the town and up to the Schloss. We traveled on to the Wartburg Castle north of Eisenach, and climbed the many steps to the top of the mount to see the castle and learn its history.



Having been in Marburg and hearing of St. Elisabeth, it was good to be at the Wartburg where she lived after marrying the landgrave Louis.


It was also where Martin Luther hid after the Diet of Worms and translated the Scripture from Greek into German.


The views of the countryside were lovely, and the meal was great. I also saw red hawks and the most unusual white doves which seemed to be trained.


Tomorrow, we travel to Weimar and later on to Berlin. Our weather has been lovely, low humidity and cool mornings and evenings.
Take a look at the video of the countryside surrounding the Wartburg Castle at:
copy and paste this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IwJQhQOGh8

No comments:

Post a Comment